WEBINAR: Doing an Insurance Business in New York
New York’s insurance regulatory requirements and litigation rules frequently differ from those of other states in several key areas.
This webinar, offered by Frederic M. Garsson of our Insurance Practice, will cover what insurers doing an insurance business in New York (or planning to) should know about certain unusual New York requirements. Topics to be covered include:
- New York’s substantial compliance rule
- Appleton rule
- Selling expense limits
- Exceptions to insurer licensing
- Producer compensation disclosure requirements
- Bad faith actions
- Breach of implied good faith
- Fair dealing actions and late notice rules for liability policies
This program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1 hour of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
To view the presentation, please click here.