Ruth A. Rauls
Ruth concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation, employment litigation, real estate litigation and litigation involving closely-held corporations. She has extensive experience litigating matters at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal court in New Jersey and New York, as well as in private mediations and arbitrations. She has litigated claims arising under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, and various other federal and state statutory and common law causes of action.
Select examples of Ruth's experience include:
- Successfully argued the confirmation of a multi-million dollar arbitration award in the New York Appellate Division, First Department
- Second-chaired a multi-week bench trial in New Jersey state court involving a shareholder dispute in a closely-held corporation
- Performed an internal investigation for a nonprofit entity of an employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaint
- Obtained a preliminary injunction in New Jersey state court enforcing a restrictive covenant in an employment contract
- Defended one of the nation's largest integrated pharmacy companies in a lease dispute in New Jersey federal court
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a financial services firm in a breach of contract action in New York state court
- Defended common law and statutory claims against title insurers in New Jersey federal and state courts
In addition to her state bar admissions, Ruth is admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- 1 of 6
- next ›
- 1 of 2
- next ›