David G. Shapiro
David Shapiro is an international tax attorney who focuses on business tax planning, including domestic and cross-border expansion, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and financing transactions. He represents businesses and their owners in international and domestic tax planning.
David's practice includes entity formation and structure planning, securities offerings and hybrid financings, joint ventures, and strategic acquisitions and dispositions. Where appropriate, David works with counsel in other jurisdictions to develop efficient cross-border transactional and operational structures. He also assists clients in preparing for and defending against audits and other litigated matters.
Prior to joining Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr, David founded and was Managing Member of Shapiro Tax Law LLC, and prior to that was a tax partner of Dechert LLP.
- Advised a U.S.-based real estate group on structuring its investment in a new major shopping center in Poland.
- Advised a financial services group on structuring operations in Latin America.
- Advised a closely held business with operations and owners located in and outside the U.S. on structuring and succession planning issues.
- Advised a distributor of mobile applications on structuring sales into the United States.
- Advised on multiple restructurings and recapitalizations of domestic and multinational corporations, including acquisition of outstanding corporate debt.
- Structured joint ventures and investment funds to facilitate cross-border investment by a mix of U.S. and foreign investors.
- Structured and negotiated tax aspects of domestic and cross-border acquisitions and dispositions by companies and funds.
- Currently managing multiple voluntary disclosure agreements and similar IRS disclosures.
David is regularly speaks before U.S. and international organizations on international and domestic tax issues. He devotes time annually during tax season to the Campaign for Working Families to help better the lives of lower-income working Philadelphians through access to the earned income credit and financial education and planning services. An avid violinist, David is a long-time member of the Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra.
- 1 of 5
- next ›